The Gasum Fund grant application period 2024 open until 11 February – supporting research and development in the gas sector
Gasum supports research and development in the gas sector through the Gasum Fund which is one of the special funds run and administered by the Finnish Foundation for Technology Promotion (TES). The application period for 2024 is now open and will close 11 February 2024.
Grants can be provided for research into the value chains of renewable gases, especially in connection with fighting climate change and the energy transition, such as Power-to-Gas value chain or biogas value chains, gas logistics or regulation.
In 2023, the Gasum Fund distributed a total of 75,000 euros in grants to five researchers. The grant recipients were:
- Julia Kiehle – Green hydrogen technologies in a decarbonised and sustainable energy system of Finland, eur 24 000
- Ahmed Rufai Dahiru – Renewable power-to-gas (P2G) for small-scale energy production plants in Finland: A techno-economic and environmental study, eur 8 000
- Blaž Hrovat – Enzymatic digestion of industrial wastewaters and subsequent detection of microplastics to develop industrially relevant methods for microplastic monitoring and removal, eur 14 000
- Niloufar Sadat Ghavami Masouleh – Advances in Process integration Studies for Novel Biorefinery Concepts and Biofuel production, eur 24 000
- Danielle Bansfield – Exploiting the unexploited: improved recycling of nutrients in industrial wastewaters into value-added products, eur 5 000
The Gasum Fund has been providing grants since 2005.
Grants are provided from the Gasum Fund to post-graduate students for doctoral dissertation work. In exceptional cases, funding may also be provided for Master's theses.
Applications are submitted via the TES portal and are evaluated by the Fund's advisory committee, which includes representatives from Finnish Universities, TES as well as Gasum.
Viljami Kinnunen, Senior Process Engineer
phone: +358 50 3310 308, firstname.lastname@example.org