Gasum Sustainability Highlights in 2021 – We enabled carbon dioxide emission reductions of 345,000 tonnes for our customers through biogas
The energy company Gasum has published its Sustainability Report and Highlights for 2021. The report focuses on key impacts from the social, environmental and economic perspectives.
Sustainability is an integral part of Gasum’s strategy to promote development towards a carbon-neutral future in industry as well as in road and maritime transport. Gasum’s responsibility work is steered by the company’s Corporate Responsibility Program and targets, which cover environmental responsibility, social responsibility, responsible business and governance.
Gasum is committed to operating sustainably by increasing the availability of low-carbon energy and promoting the circular economy. We make it possible for our customers to reduce emissions, we operate energy efficiently and minimize the environmental impacts of our own operations. We promote safe and secure working environments for our employees and partners and ensure responsible business practices.
Highlights in 2021:
- We promoted climate work by enabling 345,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide emission reductions for our customers through biogas
- We promoted the circular economy by utilizing 880,000 tonnes of waste and waste food as well as 4,000,000 tonnes of wastewater as feedstock in biogas production
- We produced around 1,000,000 tonnes of recycled nutrients
- Our energy consumption was down 3.5% compared to the previous year. We missed our zero accident target, but our total recordable injury frequency (TRIF) was down 3.7% compared to a year earlier
- We expanded our biogas production capacity by 25% year on year
- Energy delivery volumes were up in all our business areas – industry, and maritime and road transport
”Responsibility is part of our daily decision-making. We aim for a cumulative carbon emission reduction of a million tonnes with the help of biogas. We intend to bring 4 TWh of biogas to market from our own production and that of our certified partners by 2025. The cleaner energy and recycled fertilizers we offer are of importance in the sustainability work of our customers. We reached our targets in 2021 despite the challenging operating environment. We also support the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) and work to promote them,” says Elina Saarivuori, Sustainability Manager, Gasum.
- Gasum Responsibility Highlights
- Gasum Corporate Responsibility Report
For more information please contact:
Elina Saarivuori, Sustainability Manager, Gasum
Phone: +358 50 911 2668, firstname.lastname@example.org